Public Health Analyst 1 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Public Health Analyst 1
Return to Previous Page
RTI's Child and Adolescent Research and Evaluation program has an opening for a Bachelor s Level Research Analyst. As an Analyst you will function as an integral part of a team providing analytic and project management support to senior staff conducting health services research and public health evaluation. A Research Analyst will conduct project tasks under the direction of more senior team members. Analysts will also become proficient with the various analytical tools used in health services research and consulting. This position will be in Research Triangle Park, NC; Atlanta, GA; Position to start June 2017.
* Assist with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research activities
* Contribute to and/or prepare portions of technical memoranda, reports and presentations
* Manage and participate in data collection activities, such as key informant interviews
* Compile and manage databases using Excel or other database software
* Search and review published and web-based information sources
* Manage correspondence and project communications and assist with other project management responsibilities including scheduling, preparing meeting agendas, and recording meeting minutes
* Maintain files to document work performed, including calculations, spreadsheets, memoranda, references, reviewer comments, etc.
* Review and proof own work for accuracy and completeness
* Write proposal sections of limited technical complexity and gather background information to support proposal efforts
Contribute to business development through successful completion of project work in terms of quality, timeliness, cost /efficiency, and client satisfaction, to ensure follow-on work
* BS/BA in public health, economics, sociology, psychology, political science, or a related social science field and an interest in child and adolescent research and evaluation
* A minimum 3.0 GPA or higher, transcripts may be requested
* Demonstrated experience with or coursework in qualitative or quantitative data collection and analysis.
* Experience with Dedoose, Nvivo, or Atlas is desirable or experience with statistical packages such as SAS, STATA, or SPSS is desirable
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide a writing sample if requested
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in multidisciplinary teams
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite
* Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs
Return to Previous Page