Public Policy Fellow (3406)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
This broad based program will provide the opportunity for new graduates with Master's degrees to develop analytic and consulting skills in support of the government. Participants will participate in project management and program development within the broad spectrum of public policy management and be exposed to a diverse mix of economics, finance, business and information technology, mathematics, statistics, operations research, and procurement. Public Policy Fellows will start work in July, 2017.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work primarily on short-term and mid-term tasks with technical supervision from project leaders and/or senior level consulting staff.
* Assist in evaluating results of studies, drafting reports and preparing analyses for review.
* Perform research, using models to analyze relevant project issues and management processes.
* Develop and/or use databases and spreadsheets; assist with data collection, data analysis, and library research.
* Perform data quality and data assurance reviews; conduct data analyses using qualitative and quantitative methods, prepare summary displays to report analysis results and findings.
* Contribute to team's preparation of project briefings, study findings, reports, conclusions and recommendations.
* As the program director finds appropriate, lead project sub-tasks, including managing the consulting staff and working directly with the client.
* Provide technical assistance to proposal managers and/or senior staff on preparation of proposal for new and follow-on work.
* Contribute to, and participate in, group meetings with clients.
* Respond to internal and external substantive questions and inquiries on assigned tasks and projects.
* Give clear oral and written explanations of assigned tasks, relevant issues, analytic approach, and results.
* Present project methodologies and findings to LMI staff and clients.
* 2017 Masters degree in Public Policy, Public Administration or related discipline. Quantitative coursework highly preferred.
* This program is designed for candidates with approximately 1-5 year's relevant work experience, and Spring 2017 graduate degrees in Public Policy and/or related fields.
* Proficiency in various data processing and data analysis tools, computer spreadsheets, and database programs.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to compose and write a variety of internal and external general business documents, reports, and presentations.
* Strong interpersonal and listening skills; ability to develop and maintain professional relationships within LMI and with its clients.
* Strong ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines set by project leader.
* Ability to obtain security clearance may be required. Due to the nature of the work that LMI performs as a government consulting firm and the necessity to obtain a security clearance, a requirement of this position is that the Public Policy Fellow be a U.S. Citizen.
Applications should include the following three items, preferably in one .pdf attachment:
* Cover letter
* Resume (one page, please)
* Copies of Both undergraduate And graduate transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
The deadline for submitting an application is October 15, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Selected candidates will be notified in late-October regarding LMI\'s interest. Selected candidates will interview in early November and begin work post-graduation in July, 2017.
Tysons, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.