Public Relations/Marketing Communications Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
The Cadmus Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Cadmus Group, Inc., (Cadmus) seeks a motivated mid-level consultant to help manage and deliver programs and projects in our growing Social Marketing and Outreach practice. The Social Marketing and Outreach team delivers innovative marketing communications solutions to motivate behavior change and create transformative programs for federal agencies, such as, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); the U.S. Departments of Energy, Housing and Urban Development, and Transportation; and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), among others.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of successfully managing and providing public relations (PR) and/or marketing communications services for clients, in fields such as the environment, energy-efficiency, emergency preparedness, sustainability, public health, water and/or transportation. The successful candidate will have five to seven years of professional experience, including management and PR/marketing experience.
* Build strong client relationships through day-to-day contact while managing projects
* Ensure high-quality client deliverables in all activities
* Manage the work of project teams
* Coordinate with program partners, sponsors, media representatives, and other program participants to plan and execute marketing initiatives and projects
* Develop, track, and manage project budgets
* Assist with project management activities, such as internal staff coordination and budget tracking
* Support proposal development, including coordination, writing, editing, and proofreading
PR and/or Marketing Communications Responsibilities:
* Work independently and in teams to deliver technical project work, including market research and analysis, marketing/PR strategies and execution, and evaluation
* Assist in developing outreach plans, including public relations, social media, and other earned media and digital strategies
* Write content for PR and other outreach activities, including press releases, fact sheets, case studies, web pages, and infographics
* Manage development of media lists and tracking of placements
* Assist in managing the development of outreach materials, such as communications toolkits, e newsletters, reports, and exhibit materials
* Help plan and manage events, such as youth activities, conference workshops, booth exhibits, etc.
* Bachelor s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, social sciences, or related fields
* Experience working directly with clients to manage communications projects
* Self-motivated and able to quickly build client trust and effective working relationships on projects
* Some experience working with reporters and writers in print, broadcast, and online media
* Proficient in developing sound social media strategies for a variety of platforms and overseeing, or developing content
* Experience developing media lists using media tools, such as Vocus, Cision, etc., and familiarity with media analysis tools
* Experience developing short- and long-form content for use in traditional public relations, web pages, blog posts, social media
* Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills; ability to communicate complex, technical material in a clear, succinct, readable manner
* Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable-driven workplace
* Strong project management skills
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, including Excel for tracking budgets and analytics
* Willingness to coach and mentor junior staff
Preferred (but not Required) Skills
* Experience working with Federal government communications contracts.
* Experience with or interest in promoting programs for social good.
* Experience working with graphic designers to coordinate communications materials and campaigns.
* Skilled in coordinating with advertising agencies to complete media buys, develop web, video, and static content, and other marketing deliverables.
Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and two to three writing samples with their resume.
The position may require occasional travel.
Cadmus is an employee-owned consultancy for social good. Its mission is to improve the quality of people s lives and protect the natural environment by delivering solutions that ensure our clients achieve their goals.
Cadmus is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. To learn more about us, visit our website: www.cadmusgroup.com