Public Safety Solutions Systems Engineer-Hitachi Insight Group
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hitachi Insight Group is bringing together the tangible and digital worlds through the Internet of Things to make cities safer, more efficient, and more vibrant.
Our solutions use edge capture and gateways to manage integration, transcoding and data ingest services. These tasks promote optimal cloud live streaming and recording, and include work ow abilities to act on any sensor or alarm data. Information is collected, shared and analyzed via built-in wireless networked data and video feeds.
The Solutions Architect role is a full-time position responsible for configuring, installing, and troubleshooting of networks including cameras, video servers and software, storage servers, wireless Mesh/backhaul, routers and switching systems. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
Candidate should be based by a major US airport for frequent customer travel.
You must have extensive knowledge of network connectivity, protocols, network security devices, network types, including wireless, fiber optic or Cat5, and common operating systems, such as Windows and UNIX.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, PLACE OF ORIGIN, ETHNIC ORIGIN, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, TRANSGENDER STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, PREGNANCY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE NATIONAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Work within a team of technology specialists and project managers to design, implement, and configure complex wired/wireless networks that support open or secured access and the ability to support video applications.
Lead all phases of implementation projects from initial design, scope development, solution analysis, proposal and deployment.
Maintain a thorough understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking.
Experience with power and cooling of data centers.
Understanding networking load balancing Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols-VLANs
Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel, outside vendors, and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
* Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to video applications. (ITSEC) VPN protocol
* Experience with Windows Server environments to include design, installation and configuration
* BS/CS Degree
* 10 years of hands on experience
* VMware (ESXi, VSAN, vCenter Server, Orchestrator)
* Understanding of resource pools
* Understanding of VM creation
* Understanding of storage provisioning including VMFS and RDMs
* Understanding clones and templates
* Storage (Block or File) understanding of zoning, LUN masking, VVol, Raid, erasure coding
* Routing & Switching
* L2 Protocols including (RSTP, VSTP, MSTP, LACP, V)
* L3 Protocols including (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
* Understanding of VLAN configurations
* Clear understanding on subnetting
* VPN knowledge with understanding of IPSEC
* ACL Knowlege
Project management skills, e.g., project leadership, planning, initiation, status reporting, and execution.
* Data Center infrastructure
* Road Warrior Travel
* Video Experience is a Plus
* RF engineering including channel planning, spectrum analysis, fr