Publishing Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for a proactive problem solver who is enthusiastic about learning new processes and technologies.
* Support the process for publishing to all print and digital outputs, including web, mobile devices (currently via Adobe DPS), eBooks, and PDF replicas.
* Assist in developing, testing, and implementing process improvements, especially through automation and system integrations.
* Respond to technical inquiries and problem reports escalated through the help desk ticketing system or submitted directly from creative, editorial, and business units. Track these issues and document their resolution.
* Assist with testing, deploying, upgrading, and supporting publishing related software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, and Universal Type Client.
* Monitor and troubleshoot servers within the publishing systems. Make configuration changes as needed, including user account management and creating/removing metadata fields.
* Write instructions for end users and assist with periodic training. Update support procedures when necessary.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge gained through some college-level education plus work experience.
* Experience working with creative professionals in a technical or support role.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to diagnose and solve software problems.
* Experience supporting client/server and web-based systems.
* Familiar with print and digital publishing technology. This Editorial Workflow (e.g. K4, Woodwing), Content Management Systems (e.g. AEM, WordPress), Asset Management Systems (e.g. SCC, Portfolio) as well as intermediary formats and technologies (e.g. XML, XSLT).
* Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and InCopy).
* Must be comfortable in cross-platform environment (Windows, UNIX/Linux, and OS X).
* Scripting experience (JS, Applescript, Python, etc.) a plus.
* Proficient in utilizing remote management tools (for client workstations and servers).
* Familiar with the dominant mobile platforms and devices (iOS, Android, Kindle, Nook, etc.).
* Mobile app development experience a plus, but not required.
* Experience with a range of print and digital publishing workflows.