Pump Off Controller / Injection Well Control (POC/IWC) Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
Denver City, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONOccidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Pump Off Controller / Injection Well Control Technician within our Permian EOR Denver City Asset group. This position can be based out of our Denver City field office location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Responsible for installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of automation well equipment in order to improve oilfield system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
* Basic Board Troubleshooting and Programming
* Perform basic PFA and IFA well troubleshooting roles
* Review reports on repair maintenance cost in assigned area
* Record data for bad actor equipment in CMMS (Maximo)
* Troubleshoot well Programmable Logistic Controller using multi meter and Local Operator Interface software
* Repair and troubleshoot position sensors, position cables, load cells, load cell cables
* Repair and troubleshoot basic power issues including checking and changing fuses in pump panel, resetting overload, and checking contactor
* Troubleshoot radio communication by power cycling, checking link lights, and checking data communication cables and light
* Use Maximo to schedule work and perform failure coding on all tickets
* Troubleshoot and repair pickups, cables and meter kits on all fluid and gas meters
* Troubleshoot and repair all transmitter and cables with preprogramed replacement parts.
* 2 year technical degree, preferred
* High school diploma or GED with equivalent working experience
* Expert knowledge of oil and gas automation systems
* Competent knowledge of oil and gas process facilities
PROFESSIONAL / TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS/LICENCES/CERTIFICATIONS:
* Valid Driver License
* 1 years of Oil Field experience
* 2 years of Oil Field Automation experience, preferred
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Fundamental understanding of reservoir management and depletion plan
* Basic knowledge of PFA role
* Basic knowledge of computer and general electronics
* Task qualified to trouble shoot up to 480 VAC
* Task qualified in basic electronic repair
* High level knowledge of using maintenance system (Maximo)
* NFPA 70 arc flash certified
* Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
* Strong written, oral and project management skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of RTUs. Understanding of digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status