Purchasing Agent Sourcing and Project Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPurchasing Agent Sourcing and Project Specialist
Position ID: req5266
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Purchasing & Sourcing
Location: Charlotte Office, 10200 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/21/2016
Sources and secures required components and materials to support the best-in-class availability of after-market parts and accessories at the lowest total delivered cost to Electrolux and its customers. PA-Sourcing and Project Specialist will also lead the implementation of projects to deliver cost savings in the sourcing of required materials and components needed to support after-market parts and accessories across our cooking, fabric care, dish care, and refrigeration product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review and analyze supply base to identify cost-out opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
* Support the sourcing needs of new aftermarket consumables and accessories by interviewing and conferring with prospective suppliers to determine supplier capabilities, negotiate prices, delivery terms, and ensure best-in-class total cost sourcing solutions.
* Partner with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
* Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
* Collect, analyze, and negotiate requests for quotation.
* Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives.
* Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
* BA/BS degree in Business or Engineering
* 3 years of progressive responsibility in Purchasing
* Demonstrated success in year-over-year material cost reduction projects
* Strong analytical and financial acumen to include should-cost modeling
* Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts
* Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers
* Experience in project leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AS400, MRP systems, etc)
* Strong familiarity with purchasing and accounting processes
* Experience in strategic sourcing and supplier development
* Understanding of cross-border shipment laws, tariffs, taxation and time frames
* Excellent communication & negotiation skills
* Strong interpersonal and indirect leadership capacity
* High level of creative problem solving aptitude
* Familiarity with supply chain and material flow (lead-times, tier-2 vendors, etc)
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.