This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURCHASING ANALYST DESCRIPTION
* The Purchasing Analyst will be responsible for analyzing inventory levels, production speed, and product demand to determine the amount of finished product that will be required. They will be responsible, along with the Marketing Manager, for initial quality issues; meaning they will be the first person contacted when there are quality issues with product. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and manage Purchasing budget, review monthly, modify quarterly when necessary.
* Computer work will include but not be limited to, cost calculations, various analyses on usage history, inventory levels, turnover, extensions for orders and discount applications.
* Guide and direct the work of Purchasing team.
* Set realistic performance goals and objectives.
* Conduct semi-annual reviews.
* Ensure equity in project management.
* Train staff on departmental policies and procedures.
* Work with direct reports to identify realistic performance goals and review goals.
* Meet with direct reports to review their goals.
* Conduct semi-annual and annual performance appraisals for all direct reports.
* Review all departmental performance appraisals.
* Complete documentation, as required in connection with behavior or results that do not meet the requirements outlined in the Company Employee Handbook, in a timely and effective manner.
* Review usage history along with Sales and Marketing information to create more accurate purchase orders.
* Utilize departmental Excel and Enspire spreadsheet to analyze usage and assist with accurate forecasting.
* Work closely with Accounting, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing to keep current with all usage adjustments necessary that would affect inventory.
* Carefully review various tracking information to determine present and future inventory needs.
* Proactively maintain the integrity of all usage history.
* Look at marketing research monthly to stay current with any/all changes or additions to customer base. Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Accounting to keep informed of changes or modifications in product requirements.
* Analyze inventory turnover by vendor and various product groupings.
* Review product status regularly in order to expedite items in danger of stock outage.
* This is completed through air freight or requesting an earlier ship date.
* Run and evaluate expedite reports to identify items that are facing a potential stock outage.
* Analyze identified items for all factors that could determine the probability of a stock out.
* Work with the Sales Coordinator to explore options.
* Communicate our desired action with the vendor to resolve the situation.
* Confers with vendors to obtain product information, confirm purchase orders and follow-up on purchases.
* Direct communication with vendors regarding pricing, availability and delivery schedule of product.
* Work with vendors on product defect issues.
* Work closely with Sales to ensure complete satisfaction with our product, to include issues with defective or unacceptable goods and/or service.
* Communication with the Company Quality Control Dept. to ensure product is free from defect.
* Work closely with Quality Control and the VP of Sales/Marketing to determine quality of incoming product.
* When issues with defective product arise, works closely with Quality Control and the vendor to determine the source of the problem and an action plan to correct the situation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree or 3-5years' experience as a Purchasing Analyst in a distribution environment and overseas purchasing experience.
* Advanced Excel, Intermediate MS Word, MS Outlook skills.
* Moderate familiarity with Enspire.
* Ability to use freight carrier's Internet websites for tracking and costing shipments.
* Must be able to calculate cost of product and anticipate increases in cost.
* Must be able to calculate extensions.
* Must be able to evaluate discount applications.
* Must be able to calculate turnover based on history and forecasted data.
* Must be able to evaluate usage history and determine non-recurring usage.
* Must be able to identify areas where turnover can be improved and arrive at conclusions about current problems and solutions for future development.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
* Excellent analytical ability, critical thinking skills.
* Excellent forecasting ability.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Must be self-directed.
* Organizational skills.
* Must be self-motivated.
* Enthusiastic, positive attitude.
* Organizational skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Leadership skills.
* Teamwork skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Time management.