Purchasing Analyst (United States)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Performs critical and complex tasks in purchasing a variety of assigned equipment, materials, supplies and services. Provides customer-responsive, cost-effective and high-quality purchasing services for internal and external customers. Maintains the integrity of the purchasing process and ensures all discrepancies are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
* Receives, reviews, and processes purchase requisitions, ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Facilitates contact with departmental representatives to clarify or obtain additional information to organize requisitions for efficient actions and responses.
* Develops and distributes purchase orders and change orders to vendors and internal customers. Liaises with the Vendor Contracts group to ensure agreements are executed prior to the purchase of goods and/or services, if applicable. Tracks & maintains vendor purchasing activities and measurements, as well as maintains all purchase order related files.
* Uses comprehensive understanding of Oracle iProcurement and Purchasing system data to generate meaningful spend analysis per vendor category to assist the Procurement Analyst in driving strategic cost reduction. Applies expert working knowledge of Oracle modules to proactively improve business processes and to articulate new business requirements.
* Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine root cause of issue and takes corrective and preventative action, including escalations as required. Assists and coordinates the resolution of Purchase Order issues related to receiving and invoicing. Liaises with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices. Assists in closing Purchase Orders, if applicable, and share best practices to resolve Purchase Order related issues.
* Utilizes Oracle and procurement process knowledge to determine required audits and check points to develop and maintain purchasing spend controls and performs required audits on behalf of Global Procurement department.
* Ensures the strategic goals, policies and procedures of the organization are followed when carrying out procedures to purchase items. Communicates with cross-functional teams, providing purchasing knowledge and technical assistance to ensure compliance with standardized purchasing procedures.
The Purchasing Analyst may be called upon, from time to time, to help with procurement team initiatives, provide training or perform other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
Note : If there are additional responsibilities that are specific to an individual employee, department, country, or other grouping, please use the Job Description Addendum Template.
BA/BS in Business Administration or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Significant experience with and working knowledge of Oracle purchasing and procurement modules are required. Moderate experience in a contract research organization or pharmaceutical industry, particularly in the procurement function, is preferred. Demonstrates strong communication and time management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and work independently in a team environment to meet deadlines. Above average attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
FOR EMPLOYEES IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY
FLSA status: Exempt
Years of experience required: Minimum of three (3) to six (6) years of related experience.
Physical Requirements: Position requires: ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is low.
2012 INC Research , LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduction or transmission to others apart from the parties involved with this document in any form or by any means is not permitted without the prior written consent of INC Research , LLC.