This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Reports to Purchasing Coordinator, Assistant Controller, and/or Chief Financial Officer. Under direct supervision, performs specific purchasing functions such as ordering office supplies, furniture and fixtures, processing of purchase orders and maintenance of vendor files.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may vary with company requirements and specific project and client requirements. However, in general, performs typical duties as:
* Provide specific purchasing functions such that the objective for quality of Vanir s services are met or exceeded. Complies with company administrative procedures.
* Maintain an organized filing system and supports the finance function in filing and file retrieval needs
* Act as informational source to company personnel regarding the purchase and availability of various office supplies, materials, services and stationary (letterhead, labels and envelopes). Coordinates and obtains approvals for purchases.
* Assist Purchasing Coordinator with area office relocations, jobsite moves, office moves, and employee relocations. Assist field personnel with acquisition, follow-up and status of merchandise procured through vendors.
* Monitor, approve, and release all orders placed through various vendors in a timely manner. Receive necessary approvals as needed. Setup new users and delivery addresses.
* Manage and oversee cellular account. Activate and deploy cell phones, tablets and broadband devices as needed. Maintain spreadsheets and update inventory database for all cellular related equipment and services.
* Monitor all equipment, check and training requests on a daily basis. Ensure all requests are processed and ordered in a timely manner.
* Create Purchase Orders and Purchase Agreements as necessary. Ensure all necessary paperwork is in place before vendor/contractor performs the work.
* Negotiate pricing for furniture and equipment. Obtain proper approvals.
* Oversee and participate in the basic installation and maintenance of office equipment as assigned
* Input data into our computer system to generate purchase orders. Verifies accuracy and completeness of data to be entered making sure that errors and omissions in data are researched and corrected. Notify all requestors electronic or by phone with delivery dates upon receiving requests.
* Receive all incoming deliveries. Verify packing slips to purchase orders. Assist in entering invoices into the computer system.
* Maintain proper levels of inventory of all office supplies in a neat and orderly manner. Stocks employee break room and copy rooms with supplies.
* Make copies of documents as necessary or directed
* Prepare reports and produce 1099 at year-end
* Verify and process corporate credit card charges to expense accounts monthly for equipment, software or subscriptions purchased via credit card
Knowledge of: Computerized record-keeping and tracking. Communication skills, both written and verbal. English grammar, proofreading/editing, spelling. Basic bookkeeping/accounting practice. Materials management. Accounts receivables/payable. Budgeting. Equipment maintenance. General accounting/finance processes. Word processing, database, spreadsheet software. Specialized accounting software(s), automated inventory control.
Ability to: Maintain positive customer/employee relations. Attend to detail. Check work and produce work that is of good quality. Perform mathematical calculations of average complexity, and post data and make arithmetical computations rapidly and accurately. Assemble back up material and package in an orderly manner. Effectively maintain the filing system. Coordinate procurement of supplies for numerous departments and sites. Reconcile receipts to invoice and prepare them for payment by A/P. Make a conscious effort to learn. Learn specialized company work methods, policies and procedures. Meet deadlines with little directions. Meet normal expectations of quantity of work produced. Do work in a reasonable length of time. Operate standard office equipment such as computer, typewriter, calculator, 10-key by touch, photocopy machines. Demonstrate sufficient accuracy in typing and data entry. Able to lift at minimum 50 pounds.
* H.S. Diploma + 1 year finance-related experience
* Associate's Degree preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
We Participate in E-Verify.