Purchasing Co-Op (Spring 2017 - Summer 2017)- Supply Chain/Logistics/Purchasing - Dannon 8/30/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Dannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Purchasing Co-Op (Spring 2017 - Summer 2017)- Supply Chain/Logistics/Purchasing - Dannon in the United States (US) for White Plains, NY.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
Purchasing Co-Op (Spring 2017 - Summer 2017)- Supply Chain/Logistics/Purchasing - Dannon
As part of the North American Sourcing & Supplier Development Indirect Spend team, the primary purpose of this co-op is to support the Goods & Services Supply Chain Sourcing team, lead and deliver Goods & Services projects and support the compliance of the function.
The position will be based in White Plains, NY and will interact with various cross-functional partners, including Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, and Global Purchasing, and will also interact with our external supply base. The SSD Indirect Service Intern will be required to have proven communication, collaborative, analytical and negotiation skills.
The co-op is a 6 month position expected to run from Spring 2017 to July/August 2017.
Launch & manage Goods & Services projects
In coordination with the G&S category leader, the Goods & Services Intern will:
* Analyze and benchmark G&S markets to identify current and potential supplier base
* Develop needs analysis in conjunction with business owners and category leaders
* Launch and manage RFQ processes on identified projects
* Make supplier choices recommendations
* Negotiate and draft suppliers' contracts in collaboration with the SSD G&S Managers
* Follow-up and support implementation of identified projects
* Monitor compliance of newly implemented projects within the organization
Support identification, analysis and execution of Upstream Supply Chain Souring projects
Detailed Assignments include:
* Support network analysis of Upstream Supply Chain.
* Organize incoming RFI/RFQ information, Analyze pricing and network opportunities.
* Complete industry analysis for warehousing and transport modes in specific identified markets.
* Benchmark industry versus current network baseline, identify opportunities and prioritize.
* Present recommendations.
* Prepare and execute RFP's for identified opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess: * Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a major in Economics, Supply Chain, Finance, Risk Management or related business.
* Knowledge of the purchasing function with strong negotiation and communication skills
* Be curious, open minded, with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and be easily adaptable
* Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, matrix environment
* Proactive thinker - anticipates issues/opportunities & can work through multiple simultaneous projects
* Project management skills and behavior
* Team spirited; drives and lead change by engaging people
* Resilience, determination, and flexibility
* Comfortable in facing paradoxes or contradictions with resilience and tenacity
* Fluent in English
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. Join our team and Contribute To A Healthier World!
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Logistics, Risk Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Supply, Operations, Finance