This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Penn Jersey Paper
JOB DESCRIPTIONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and maintain sources of supply based on reliability, financial responsibility, technical competence and adequate capacity.
* Responsible for supplier selection, negotiations and supplier performance
* Manages a staff that includes Purchasing Agents and Purchasing Assistants.
* Participates in the forecasting and budgeting processes as necessary.
* Researches potential new suppliers for raw materials and services. Supports the evaluation of new suppliers, raw materials, and supplies, including the solicitation of initial QC documentation.
* Knowledge and ability to execute "best purchasing practices".
* Deliver lowest total cost of ownership for materials managed.
* Leads negotiations with suppliers to meet sourcing strategies and key objectives.
* Provides timely updates to management and internal customers on managed materials.
* Maintain open, direct and professional communications with all departments within the organization to insure total understanding of their requirements.
* Strategically source and promote development of additional or alternate sources to assure continuous supply and competitive pricing.
* Understand market trends and factors affecting supply availability and pricing of products procured.
* Communicate and coordinate with internal staff (Sales, Customer Service, Warehouse, and Accounting) to maximize customer satisfaction.
* Maintain leadership, training and development of purchasing department efforts.
* Lead complex negotiations and manage all aspects of the agreements and supplier relationships.
* Ensures that all purchasing activities are executed to achieve operating and financial objectives, consistent with business strategy.
* Implement continuous improvement programs and negotiates contracts with suppliers that result in cost savings.
* Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for all supplies.
* Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials.
* Maintains knowledge of market conditions, anticipates market changes and recommends appropriate actions related to the entire supply chain.
* Other duties as assigned.
* B.S. / B. A. in Technical degree (business, supply chain or other discipline).
* Self-starter with the ability to handle many responsibilities in a fast pace changing environment.
* Ability to motivate and lead direct reports and coworkers toward common corporate goals and objectives.
* Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Cross functional experience in purchasing chemicals, sales or business management preferred.
* Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, AX.
* Minimum 5 years procurement related experience.
* C.P.M. Certification a plus.
* Excellent communication and project management skills.
* Proven track record for cost reductions and TCO.
* Strong business and finance acumen and ability to quickly understand business strategies and ensure that procurement strategies are in alignment with the business needs.