This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Carrier Enterprise, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONCarrier Enterprise is a joint venture between Watsco, Inc. and Carrier Corporation. Carrier Enterprise sells and distributes Carrier, Bryant and Payne residential and light commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) products, parts and supplies throughout the United States, Latin America and Caribbean utilizing 110 locations in 20 states and Puerto Rico. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing/Inventory Planner.
The Purchasing/Inventory Planner will report to the Southeast Regional Director of Purchasing and Planning. This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing activities of purchasing and inventory control, purchase supplies and materials at the optimal price and delivery cycle while maintaining lowest possible inventory levels. Individual will facilitate daily purchasing functions while supporting the region's goal of solid customer service, profitability and growth.
Company Website: http://www.carrierenterprise.com
Under minimal supervision, performs varied and moderately complex tasks including but not limited to:
* Understanding and applying company strategy as relates to inventory levels and managing inventory levels for HVAC/R parts and supplies.
* Evaluate, recommend and implement optimal procurement strategies to reduce cost of goods sold and associated expenses.
* Ensuring the most economical logistics solution is utilized with consideration to availability as well as costs.
* Monitoring and assessing situations that may cause an interruption in the supply chain and taking preventive measures to assure a continuity of supply.
* Manage costs, pricing and replenishment levels based on current demand.
* Forecast long-term demand requirements and initiate purchases.
* Ability to balance the past product movement history with intelligence from the marketplace on changes in demand.
* Ability to support the sales team on all new product launches and manage increased or decreased demand of product.
* Facilitate vendor/supplier negotiations to ensure proper costs and availability.
* Manage inventory control processes for parts, supplies, and third party equipment including physical inventory counts, receiving exceptions and direct stock adjustments.
* Manage the disposition of obsolete and damaged product through vendor agreements and negotiations.
* Participate in physical inventory; assist with moves, and take on other duties as assigned.
* Have a solid understand of planning & purchasing and continue to develop specialized knowledge.
AA/AS Degree , Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two year duration) with a minimum of five or more years of Supply Chain management, Inventory planning or Logistics work experience or, Bachelor's Degree with two years (minimum) to five years or Master's Degree with related work experience.
* Previous experience in purchasing HVAC/R equipment or parts and supplies is a plus.
* Knowledge of the HVAC/R industry and/or wholesale distribution.
* Strong computer skills preferable with Excel, Access as well as ERP systems.
* Strong Analytical Skills.
* Detailed Oriented.
* Must have great interpersonal skills, communications skills and, listening skills.
* Must have ability to work with all groups: peers, superiors, vendors and other regions.
Carrier Enterprise, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.