This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Buffalo Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Overview
Responsible for directing and coordinating the effectiveness of all purchasing activities and personnel supporting the challenging needs and levels of service expected by the Focus Factory Buying Team's customer base. Provides daily direction to Buyers and Sr. Buyers
* Mentor and maage the Focus Factory Buying Team to ensure optimum effectiveness while acting as a role model and projecting a positive attitude. This should also include monitoring workload distribution among the team members and allocating tasts appropriately
* Ensure the Focus Factory Buying Team is following the escalation process on a regular basis and participate in this process as required. Ensure buyers and PAs attend WO Detail meetings, are prepared to provide status updates, and follow the escalation process in order to effectively drive material and resolve shortages
* Act as liason to customer for tactical Purchasing issues to ensure effective resolution. This will also include ensuring team members are trained and have a good understanding of the requirements of customer contracts and are in compliance with the applicable requirements
* Complete employee performance evaluations on a timely basis and provide constructive feedback
* Educate and ensure compliance to ethical purchasing practices
* Ensure that the Focus Factory Buyers complete the monthly OIX exercise within the timeline set forth in the OIX process and that all comments are timely and accurate. Diligently work to mitigate Plexus OIX exposure
* Ensure participation in MRB meetings as scheduled
* Ensure buying compliance to corporate SOPs
* Understand customer P&Ls, especially the impact of Parts Contribution, Materials Labor Cost, Inventory Levels, OIX and Freight
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned by management
Skills & Abilities
* Problem solving/reason: Ability to solve a variety of concrete variables, at times with limited information. And, ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnish in written, oral, diagram or schedule format
* Scope/impact: Executes and provides input to functional processes or technologies. Assists in achievng Focus Factory Buying Team's objectives. May lead a major initiative that impacts multiple focus teams and/or customers
* Communication: Effective in gaining cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific peformance overviews/projects/schedules.
* Leadership: Demonstrates skills inperformance management, teaching/faciliting, coaching and mentoring
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or general regulations. Ability to write clear and concise reports, business correspondence and procedures and presents clear and factually based information and responses to questions from suppliers, managers and customers
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; a Bachelor's Degree in Business is preferred
* Experience of 5 years is required for this position, assuming educational requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 5 or more years is highly desireable
* Procurement experience and a demonstrated level of leader/supervisory experience in a similar or related business is required
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding. .
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!