Purchasing Manager - Automotive Plant 8/16/2016
FPC of Columbia
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plant Purchasing Manager $90-$120k Located in Kentucky area. CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH.
Industry leading Global Automotive Manufacturer/Supplier to OEMs is seeking a talented Plant Purchasing Manager. In this role you will report to the Plant Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Drive profits using cost saving strategies and project management skills to effectively lower manufacturing costs for Direct and Indirect Materials.
* Manage the supplier base, develop new suppliers and improve and strengthen current relationships.
* Continuously conduct cost assessments to identify and implement improvements.
* Partner with engineering to perform analysis and drive change in the manufacturing processes.
* Maintain TS16949 requirements for purchasing department.
* Develop and mentor 8-10 direct reports.
* Purchase parts and materials for manufacturing, annual spend approximately $350mil.
* 4 yearDegreepreferably in Engineering or Business. MBA a plus but not required.
* 7 or more years of plant purchasing management experience in Automotive manufacturing environments.
* Value Engineering/Cost Reduction experience highly preferred.
* Project Management experience. Implementation of MRP System
* Lean Process Project Experience - Six Sigma Certification a plus.
* Stable work history required
* MRP System and Microsoft Office proficiency. SAP knowledge a plus.
* Commodity experience Steel and Stampings desired.
* Prior Plant Purchasing Experience along with direct report supervision.
* Excellent contract management and negotiation skills.
*Only candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted to progress in the selection process. Must be currently in a similar Plant Purchasing Manager position.
I specialize in the placement of qualified Purchasing, Sourcing, and Commodity Professionals in companies and organizations within the US. FPC of COLUMBIA, South Carolina works nationwide with Fortune 1000 manufacturing organizations and retailers, offering in-depth specialization in each functional discipline found within a typical manufacturing organization. Our office in Columbia, SC opened in 1981 and offers specialized assistance for better, faster and more targeted identification of high potential candidates.