Purchasing Manager 9/8/2016
Benchmark Communities, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Benchmark Communities we believe it matters who builds your home. We are a homebuilder with footprints across the West Coast, Pacific Northwest and Southeast states. Designing and building homes is our passion -- exceeded only by our desire to have every one of our homeowners be thoroughly satisfied with their Benchmark home.
Our strength is our all-star team of homebuilding professionals who treat each moment in the development, design and building process as an opportunity to do better. Our "Everything Matters" approach to homebuilding begins with design input from real families. From there, we combine energy-efficient construction technology with top quality materials and the industry's finest craftsmen to create homes and neighborhoods that live as well as they look. The difference is something you'll notice right away and appreciate for years to come.
When you choose Benchmark Communities, you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your new home is backed by the strength and stability of our parent company, UCP -- a publicly traded community development leader. You'll also be privileged to our nationally ranked Customer Relations Team who is here to stay right along with you and your new home.
The basic function of the Purchasing Manager is to procure and expedite the delivery of materials and services to Benchmark construction jobsites on time and within the budget.
* Maintains and implements construction proforma and budget for each project.
* Negotiates pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
* Creates scopes of work.
* Meets subcontractors and suppliers on-site, as necessary.
* Ensures compliance to project budgets and provides analysis of deviations.
* Ensures accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate.
* Researches new materials for design and cost savings.
* Assists in maintaining subcontractor and supplier insurance policies.
* Develops and implements new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
* Maintains relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
* Establishes new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work.
* Assists in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines.
* Assists in maintaining company quality control program.
* Leverages technology, even flow production, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability.
* Assists in settling invoice or contract disputes.
* Manages variance purchase order requests.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* College degree preferred, but not required. Desirable emphasis in construction management.
* Three plus years experience in project management with production residential homebuilder or multi-family.
* Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word; familiar with SharePoint)