This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* The Purchasing Manager's primary role will be to effectively procure all materials and services required to support the office and manufacturing operations . This position is also responsible for the work and performance of other supply chain professional, to provide leadership and to assist in the coordination of material flow through the global supply chain.
* Job Description:
* Creating and negotiating quotes with established vendors.
* Procure technical services as required by engineering, quality and the facilities department.
* Adding purchase orders into the system and ensure for accuracy.
* Maintain purchasing files in accordance with quality procedures.
* Maintain ERP system data as required.
* Coordinate correspondence with overseas manufacturing and monitor due dates.
* Collaborate with vendors and managers to expedite required material when necessary.
* Monitor, review and respond on all purchasing activity and results.
* Lead, develop and performance manage supply chain personnel.
* Be able to see the "big picture" - Understand the relationship between business needs, customer needs, technical considerations, risk assessment, and provide procurement and supply chain management recommendations.
* This position requires a combination of manufacturing, procurement and business skills with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Good communication skills, illustrating proficiency in both verbal and written communications in English.
* Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity, leadership and interpersonal skills and abilities.
* Provide a confirmed working history that demonstrates excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving aptitude.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience with ERP system, Priority experience a plus.
* DoD related procurement experience highly desirable.
* Electronic commodity experience required.
* MRP & Planning experience a plus.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
nt in Microsoft Office.