This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Telair US LLC
This position manages, directs and implements procurement strategy to support new programs, production programs, targeted cost reductions, supplier deliveries, supplier quality initiatives, and other operations objectives. The Supply Chain Manger ensures clear and concise communications between programs, engineers and suppliers. The Manager will provide expertise and guidance on technical specification definition, performance parameters including milestone schedule criteria and contract deliverables. The Manager serves as the focal point and primary interface to the program team relative to performance of subcontractor's efforts and will lead efforts to establish contracts with key suppliers. The Manager will, through the use of performance metrics, seek to create a supply base that is cost effective, supportive to customer delivery needs, and meets or exceeds all quality requirements. The manager will lead, train, coach and support a team of buying professionals necessary to accomplish the company's objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages the operations function concurrent with business growth, introduction of new systems, meeting financial objectives and on time delivery.
* Manages the entire subcontract life cycle from proposal, to development and then oversight
* Develops RFP/RFQ packages
* Manage staff and supervisors to ensure timely distribution of merchandise within the standards of policies, procedures and quality to satisfy US Cargo Systems and customer requirements.
* Leads the negotiation strategy and proposal responses to meet program requirements.
* Review and approve subcontract deliverables
* Manages all phases of the negotiation for supplier subcontracts
* Single point of contact for managing the technical content and compliance of the subcontract ensuring utilization of "design to cost" and manufacturability
* Manages changes to Statements of Work
* Single point of contact for subcontract oversight and adherence to schedules.
* Perform earned value assessments and associated investigations.
* Leads close-out activities for key suppliers
* Regularly reviews schedules, reports, cost inputs and technical reviews to meet or exceed objectives.
* Commitment to company values and ethics
* Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
* Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
* Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
* Problem Solving: ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes
* Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
* Negotiating skills: must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive
* Strong customer orientation
* Very detail oriented and always comes prepared
* Strong judgment and decision making
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.