Purchasing Sourcing Specialist 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY: This position will work with Sales, Product Management and Production Leadership to be responsible to deliver competitive advantage by developing and managing strategic sourcing plans that optimize cost savings, support new business development, provide service excellence and drive operational efficiency.
* Lead the sourcing activities on all new business development (NDB) projects to obtain the needed materials at the best value.
* Support the Engineering team's procurement needs by identifying and purchasing needed materials at the best value.
* Identify and implement cost savings projects on existing products that lead to significant favorable impact on EBITDA and customer satisfaction.
* Establish and maintain supplier relationships to ensure key partnerships for future growth.
* Conduct make vs. buy analysis on components, leading in-sourcing or out-sourcing of approved projects.
* Develop sourcing strategies for key commodities in support of overall business objectives.
* Support Purchasing team to reduce part shortages and other disruptions in the source of materials.
* Develop commodity strategies for critical materials and ensure the Leadership team is kept informed of any changes in market conditions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or other closely related field.
* At least 8 years of Purchasing and/or Sourcing experience.
* Proven experience developing strategic relationships with key suppliers.
* Experience with Purchasing/Materials tools including MRP and Inventory Analysis.
* Experience negotiating contracts and agreements with suppliers.
* Previous experience with international sourcing.
* Extensive experience in a low volume high mix business engaged in the manufacture and assembly of industrial products and requiring market leading order fulfillment results.
* Basic understanding of financial/accounting analysis including ability to develop cost-benefit analysis for various scenarios.
* APICS certification, and/or MBA