This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Adecco is assisting a local client in recruiting for a detail-oriented Purchasing Supervisor/Manager in Lisle, IL. This is for a temporary opportunity that will give you valuable experience to enhance your career. Successful candidates must have excellent verbal skills, be reliable and able to provide outstanding customer service. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Responsibilities for this Purchasing Supervisor/Manager include:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 yrs. Purchasing experience in the high-tech components industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Make good decisions and resolve issues in a clear, calm, and diplomatic matter
- Computer literate - Proficient with Email and Microsoft Word
- Able to work in a team environment
- Experience in ERP and SRM Purchasing applications
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for executing purchasing activities on responsible materials under supervision of the Purchasing Manager, Supervisor or Director. The key responsibility is to execute material requirements in line with SAP Material Requirements Planning and purchasing / supply strategy to achieve the set goals and objectives. Prepared to handle and resolve unexpected problems with a high degree of urgency. Responsible for maintenance of the SAP Vendor Master.
1. Execution: Execute SAP MRP, review requisitions/shopping carts and release Purchase Orders in both SAP ECC and SAP the requirements. Process MPR exception messages to align open Purchase Orders with requirements.
2. Process: Initiate ideas & actions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing activities.
3. Cost reductions: Develop and communicate cost / price reduction opportunities to the respective Procurement function.
4. Supplier / Market Intelligence: Gather supplier and market information, e.g. future capacity constraints, turnover, etc., and communicate and review with Procurement functions for impact and corrective actions to secure material supply.
5. Supply Base Management: Establish & maintain supplier relationships to achieve supply benefits while avoiding risks. Contribute to optimize supplier portfolio by implementing supplier consolidation and support shifting business to suppliers in emerging / low cost markets.
6. Supplier Performance: Participate in supplier performance evaluation and be responsible for improvement of delivery performance. Responsible for collecting and communicating incremental cost, such as from late deliveries and quality defects where applicable.
7. Compliance: Ensure the supply bases and all procurement operates within the framework of regulatory and legal
8. Data maintenance: Responsible for maintaining and managing certain SAP master data including executing requests for Vendor Master Create, Change and Extend
9. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Purchasing Supervisor/ Manager position in Lisle, IL or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled