Purchasing and Material Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Reporting to the Vice President of Purchasing you will develop, implement and manage procurement strategies for a portfolio of spend categories. This position will manage some of Domtar s maintenance and repair categories. Procurement strategies are developed in heavy collaboration with the Domtar mill manufacturing system, plant maintenance, mill storerooms, and our senior managers. The strategies include a market approach and specify the approved sources and prices for maintenance materials and selected capital equipment and supplies for our 29 North American facilities. The Contract Manager negotiates the commercial and legal elements of the contracts with suppliers that are consistent with the developed strategy.
The MRO Contract Manager will also be periodically engaged by our Central Engineering organization to fulfill the procurement activities for some of their projects. Procurement activities include developing RFQs, developing and implementing negotiating strategies, performing sourcing decision support, conducting equipment purchase negotiations, creating purchase orders, and expediting large value capital equipment purchases.
In addition to the MRO responsibilities, the portfolio of categories may include some indirect spend contracts. The indirect spend contracts may range from fleet management to outsourced professional service contracts.
Many of the Domtar mills utilize SAP to perform their day-to-day purchasing activities. The successful candidate will possess an understanding of SAP s procure to pay processes and have experience using the Materials Management module including but limited to: master data maintenance, purchase order processing, and reporting.
The position focuses on delivering tangible value to Domtar from the sourcing strategies in a centralized environment with a de-centralized feel. Models and acts in accordance with Domtar guiding principles, ethics standards and safety requirements.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Develop strong relationships with Domtar business units.
* Work in partnership with mill manufacturing system, plant maintenance and/or staff groups to understand their business drivers and align purchasing objectives with business goals.
* Collaborate with diverse Domtar groups to develop procurement sourcing strategies that deliver tangible value to Domtar.
* Conduct competitive inquiries with potential suppliers.
* Perform supplier selection decisions based on business requirements and developed strategies.
* Negotiate purchase and supply agreements with potential suppliers consistent with developed strategies.
* Function as the procurement/market subject matter expert for assigned portfolio.
* Develop procurement forecast for selected materials.
* Develop strong relationships with major market suppliers.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions), criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
* Bachelor s degree.
* CPM preferred.
* Minimum five years experience in Materials Management or related fields.
* Knowledge of Pulp and Paper manufacturing processes, equipment and general business environment is essential.
* Excellent analytical skills (objective fact based analysis and decision making).
* Ability to assess market indicators/information and use the market conditions to create an effective sourcing strategy.
* Knowledge of supply chain/materials management and procurement principles.
* Strong negotiating skills.
* Knowledge of manufacturing operations, but not limited to materials or procurement principles.
* Knowledge of maintenance and repair categories and items.
* Microsoft Excel.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Proven interpersonal and communication skills, including effectively influencing and coaching.
* Strong teaming skills, ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.