This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
We currently have an opening for a Pursuit/Proposal Specialist in one of our Southern California offices to join our dynamic Winning Pursuit Team at Arcadis. The Pursuit/Proposal Specialist will support ongoing sales, pursuit and proposal activities, as well as support the development and implementation of client and pursuit plans and strategy for the for the Infrastructure & Buildings Business Lines in California. As a key part of the Winning Pursuit Team, the Pursuit/Proposal Specialist works with client teams to drive and coordinate ongoing sales, capture planning, strategy, pursuit and proposal activities for the West region, with a primary focus on California and Arizona.
Pursuit/Proposal Specialists work with client teams to develop capture strategies, interfacing with clients and Arcadis teams, assisting with research efforts, participating on pursuit teams and leading proposals in response to RFPs. They partner with Pursuit Leaders and regional leadership responsible for client planning, opportunity tracking, capture planning/strategy development and implementation, and pursuit win strategy development for opportunities for targeted clients. They are in regular communication with pursuit teams to manage client team follow-through and implementation of action plans developed in the capture planning/strategy development to ensure the team is focused and engaged in all feasible opportunities that will increase win probability for specific client opportunities in advance of the RFP. It is imperative that the Pursuit/Proposal Specialist quickly develops a comprehensive understanding and knowledge associated with target clients, i.e., projects, competitors and opportunities.
Pursuit/Proposal Specialists must take a leadership role to guide pursuit teams through the positioning, proposal management and interview stages, bringing an understanding of the Architecture/Engineering/Consulting (A/E/C) industry to play a key role on capture teams to support pursuit strategies, from the client planning stage up to contract award. This is a dynamic position that requires strategic thinking, flexibility, planned and proactive approaches and the ability to shift priorities frequently while maintaining attention to detail and achieving high quality standards. Pursuit/Proposal Specialists must be able to prioritize, multi-task, function effectively under multiple deadlines and time constraints, schedule workload and manage time efficiently in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while demonstrating an energetic can do attitude.
Pursuit and capture planning / strategy development and implementation:
* Participates in client planning with pursuit leaders and operations partners
* Collaborates with Operations and Client Development teams to position Arcadis for new projects by leading, creating and assisting with implementation of comprehensive capture plans
* Develops and communicates effective win strategies and creates storyboards
* Develops and tracks action items and schedules to keep the pursuit plan moving forward
* Leads and conducts market research, competitive analyses, etc. on leads, opportunities, clients, projects and competitors
Proposal / Interview Phase:
* Takes on a leadership role in the proposal and interview stages of the pursuit process; primarily responsible for addressing client needs and implementing messaging aligned with the knowledge collected throughout the positioning phase
* Serves as Proposal Manager from initial plan of the opportunity and kick-off meeting through development, quality assurance process, production and delivery of the finished product for select pursuits, while complying with all RFP requirements
* Interviews technical staff to tailor and/or write resumes, project descriptions and other proposal information
* Organizes, manages, conducts or participates in Pink, Red team, and other reviews
* Engages in the interview process to meet all client needs and align proposal themes and messaging with the knowledge collected throughout the positioning phase
* Attends interview preparation and practice sessions; supports the team with presentation skills and delivery
* Attends client pre-proposal and debrief meetings; shares lessons learned and best practices across teams
Additional Sales Enablement Responsibilities:
* Works with client teams to continually update pipeline information for priority assigned clients and supports with proactive pipeline management for geographic region
* Proactively manages Cosential project and staff data for the region
* Oversees/conducts planning, editing, and production of content for other projects such as statements of qualifications, presentations, etc.
* Creates and prepares client and pursuit specific collateral or materials for positioning meetings as part of the capture planning process as-needed.
* Coordinates with Corporate Marketing/Communications (MarComm) group for development and management of general marketing collateral, handouts, promotional materials, etc as-needed.
* Assists with and attends conference exhibits and sponsorships under direction of MarComm.
* Collaborates with Shared Services teams as needed for systems, tools and information management initiatives.
* Understands all aspects of our business, including what services we offer, our attention to Client Focus, Operational performance, Technical Knowledge & Innovation and Health & Safety
* Stays in tune with creative marketing tools, digital communications and social media, and uses this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation
* Supports outreach efforts, such as award submittals, client events, white paper or presentation development, tradeshows and public relations efforts as-needed
* Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing, business administration, engineering, science or architecture or a related field is required (or equivalent professional experience).
* Minimum 2+ years of proposal management experience as a marketing, graphic designer, proposal or business development specialist (working with an Architecture/Engineering/Construction/Consulting firm is preferred).
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor speaks clearly and concisely, listens and gets clarification in one-on-one and group situations. (This position requires extensive writing and frequent communication via phone, email, and in person with co-workers, clients, and subcontractors.)
* Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (advanced abilities desired); familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) databases preferred (i.e. Deltek Vision, Cosential, etc)
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
All candidates for hire in the United States must successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.