Hope you are doing well.
I have an urgent opening for _PYSPARK DEVELOPER WITH AWS EMR EXPERIENCE _
LOCATION: _PORTLAND, OREGON_
pySpark Developer with AWS EMR Experience
* 5+ years of experience in programming with python. Strong proficiency in python
* Familiarity with functional programming concepts
* 3+ years of Hands on experience in developing ETL data pipelines using pyspark on AWS EMR
* Hands on experience of XML processing using python
* Good understanding of Spark's RDD API
* Good understanding of Spark's Dataframe and API
* Experience in configuring EMR clusters on AWS
* Experience and good understanding of Apache Spark Data sources API.
* Experience of dealing with AWS S3 object storage from Spark.
* Experience in trouble shooting spark jobs. Knowledge of monitoring spark jobs using Spark UI
* Performance tuning of Spark jobs.
* Understanding fundamental design principles behind a business processes
Nice to have skills:
* Knowledge of AWS SDK CLI
* Experience of setting up continuous integration/deployment of spark jobs to EMR clusters
* Knowledge of scheduling spark applications in AWS EMR cluster.
* Understanding the differences between Hadoop Mapreduce and Apache Spark
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools as Git, SVN
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design, development and implementation of performant ETL pipelines using python API (pySpark) of Apache Spark on AWS EMR
* Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
* Integration of data storage solutions in spark - especially with AWS S3 object storage.
* Performance tuning of pySpark scripts.
* Need to ensure overall build delivery quality is good and on time delivery is done at all times.
* Should be able to handle meetings with customers with ease.
* Need to have excellent communication skills to interact with customer.
* Be a team player and willing to work in an onsite offshore model, mentor other folks in the team (onsite as well as offshore)