Python Developer, AWS
Job ID: 20160715-7862-MGV
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
* Conceptual knowledge of broad cloud computing architectures in general, and AWS in particular. Must understand cloud networking and the shared security model.
* Two years of hands on experience with various AWS services such as VPC, Security Groups, Network ACL s, EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, RDS, Cloud Formations, etc.
* Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for small, medium scale and enterprise level applications
* Two years of programming experience in languages such as Python or Java is required
* Knowledge of DevOps concepts is highly recommended.
* Experience with automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and SaltStack is desirable; experience with Chef is ideal
* Certifications on AWS including Solutions Architect, Developer, SysOps Administrator, or DevOps Engineer are highly desirable
* Look for a self-starter who is eager to learn new technologies
* Work collaboratively with project teams to implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption
* Develop AWS scripts in Python, Cloud Formation JSON, and others as needed
* Develop cookbooks in Chef for managing operations, info security, and application-level code and configurations
* Assist infrastructure operations and engineering teams in deployment of cloud based service providers
* Assist development teams with cloud migrations
* Assist DBA teams with cloud migrations
* Assist in ensuring that cloud based systems are aligned to architectural guidelines
* Implement existing AWS and emerging cloud technologies that best fit business needs
* Support development of new standards, stated directions, and guidelines
* Implement resilient, scalable, enterprise-class solutions in cloud infrastructures
We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.