This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Your goal to improve the education process and better the lives of students by building revolutionary products that help students get better grades.
Location: Potential to work out of our Santa Clara office or our San Francisco office.
Engineering teams are central to Chegg they comprise both the client facing interface and the backbone of our products, building everything we offer; running, tracking and making ship happen! Engineering is composed of teams with accomplished individual contributors, influencers, visionaries, and teachers. The various teams define technology strategy at Chegg, providing critical elements of the support that enables us to serve our students with reliable, high performance and disruptive software.
Role: Python Engineer Chegg Tutoring
We have a nifty online learning platform that serves thousands of lesson hours every day. We re reimagining this platform to push the boundaries of what is possible in a browser. As a part of the Chegg Tutoring Engineering team in San Francisco, you will help build this cutting edge platform that will define the future of online learning. In this role, your knowledge of Python, modern web platforms, data structures and algorithms will be put to the test while you help students save time, save money and get smarter.
What You ll Do:
* Work with an agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers and product managers on developing solutions to some of the most challenging interactive browser based application problems in Python
* Make an impact by owning, researching, implementing and releasing features that are core to the Chegg Tutors strategy; collaborate on design, scalability and performance of our interactive lessons platform
* Partner across engineering, data science, design, marketing, product and other members of the Chegg Tutors team
* Push modular, secure, and well-tested Python code on a daily basis
* Learn from some of the industry s brightest and get the mentoring you want
* BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science
* 2 years industry experience developing Python applications for web services using frameworks like Flask and Django
* Strong Computer Science fundamentals with competencies in software design, data structures and problem solving
* Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
* Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive
* A passion for helping students
* Familiarity with Python web frameworks like Django
* Familiarity with CSS processing frameworks like Less
* Exposure to front-end build and test tools, like Brunch, Mocha or Chai
* Experience with web best practices such as A/B testing and test coverage
* Experience and/or desire to work in an agile and iterative development team
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. The Chegg Student Hub services include: Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California, trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG and has 900+ employees with offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Portland, New York, Provo, Atlanta, Israel, and Ukraine.
Chegg out our culture, free lunches and other benefits!
* Chegg Benefits: http://www.chegg.com/jobs/benefits
* Chegg for Good: http://blog.chegg.com/category/chegg-for-good/
* Life at Chegg: https://www.youtube.com/watch*v=YYHnkwiD7Oo
* Chegg UX Design Page: http://www.cheggux.com/
For more information, visit www.chegg.com
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer