This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDallas based company looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join our software Development team. Our growing software development organization needs talented people who possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience and creativity.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to developing routine tests, and coordinating the testing effort. This position will work with Developers and Project Managers to develop, maintain and execute quality assurance testing procedures. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Develop and maintain test plans, manual and automated test scripts for user interface, functionality, system, load, integration and "ad-hoc testing"
* Execute regression tests, functional tests and data quality tests
* Document quality assurance practices
* Report, track and determine priority of reported bugs
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
* BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline. Will consider candidates with equivalent experience.
* Well-versed in testing methodologies (white vs. black box test work, system vs. functional).
* Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
* Well-versed in SDLC and development methodologies.
* A solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
* 2+ years of scripting or programming experience (C#, XML, Visual Studio, Eclipse IDE)
* Strong knowledge of test automation tools and writing automation tests (Selenium C# and load testing experience a plus)
* SQL Server and/or Oracle experience.
* Direct hands-on experience with ad-hoc query language (SQL Server 2008), and reporting software (SQL Server Management Studio, Crystal Reports).
* Working knowledge of relational databases, and the ability to write database queries.
* Proven data analysis, data verification and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Detail oriented and a problem solver.
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* TFS - while having used another issue and project tracking tools (lie JIRA) is valuable, having experience with TFS is important. Think someone with experience in other tools can pick TFS but having experience is a real plus.
* SQL - this one is critical. Our apps are data-driven and it is a requirement to be able to harvest data from the database (using simple and at times complex queries) to validate the data exposed by our web apps.
* White box testing experience. Someone with experience writing small programs / scripts to test APIs and other non-UI functionality.
WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SKILLS:
* Mobile (Android, iOS) application testing experience.
* Experience creating Selenium C# test framework from scratch.
* Admin-level expertise in bug database management systems