QA Analyst (Minneapolis, MN or Manhattan, NY)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A QA Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Talent, Reward & Performance business group within Aon Hewitt in Minneapolis, Minnesota or Lincolnshire, Illinois. As a Test Analyst, you will report directly to a team of Managers, Partners and Associate Partners.
Your Impact As A QA Analyst
We are looking for a self-motivated professional to perform dynamic, hands-on functional quality assurance testing for our suite of Human Capital Management products and solutions. You will be planning, designing, creating and executing test cases based on functional specifications, requirements documents and exceptional knowledge of our software and products. You will also help troubleshoot challenging support questions and be a primary contributor to helping deliver best-in-class Services and Technology.
* Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
* Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
* Develop, document and maintain unit, functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation etc.
* Build regression and acceptance test scenarios.
* Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
* Execute and evaluate test cases and report test results throughout the development and project lifecycle.
* Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to project management.
* Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
* Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
* Contribute to a culture of quality and excellence
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5+ years of proven experience with delivering high quality in software or systems settings preferred.
* QA Experience with Survey platform, Content Management Software experience are a plus, but not required.
* Basic understanding of software architectures and concepts.
* Experience in agile QA concepts, practices, processes and tools.
* Thorough understanding of software technical background (databases, client-server architecture, and programming).
* Test automation experience is required with tools like Selenium.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
* Inquisitive, exceptional attention to detail and organization skills.
* Aptitude for understanding data, information & reporting.
* Effective time management.
* Ability to multitask.
* The ability to approach software from both a user and developer perspective.
* Flexible, embracing change and adaptable to new, challenging situations.
* Team player focused on working towards achieving team/project success.
* Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment bringing new ideas and technologies into the business.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent is preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421252
CATEGORY: Information Technology Group
LOCATION: United States, MN, Minneapolis