QA Cell Inspector I - 3rd Shift (120)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QA Cell Inspector I - 3rd Shift (120)
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
Provide Quality Inspection and auditing coverage in all areas of manufacturing, receiving, and shipping. Document and aid in the correction of discrepant products produced in each area. Be a catalyst for change for operations by actively supporting process improvements throughout the company.
* As a member of the Quality department, a QA Cell Inspector may be assigned to a Manufacturing Cell or Department.
* Be the catalyst for implementation of the Company's quality philosophy of right the first time approach rather than inspecting quality into the product at a later stage.
* Perform all inspection requirements specified on the Traveler.
* Participate in the Cell meeting.
* Participate in the Cell defective material reviews.
* Identify rejection history in the Cell and work with the other Cell members to develop and implement changes that will eliminate the root cause for the defect
* Participate in the development of the response to any Corrective Action reports issued to the Cell.
* Participate in the required verification follow-up to the CAR response submitted by the Cell.
* Complete all necessary customer documentation for inspection activities.
* Be a resource for performing First Piece Inspection of production runs in the Cell.
* Acts as a liaison between the Cell members and other functional areas for resolving issues that hinder the production of products in the Cell. This may include interfacing with Customers.
* Perform scheduled audits of the processes performed in the Cell for compliance to written Procedures.
* Review and recommend changes to written procedures, as required, to keep the procedures in line with our operation and Customer requirements.
* Be familiar with Customer specifications.
* Perform and document the Periodic Inspection of inspection tools and media used in the manufacture and inspection of product.
* Perform necessary testing on products to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
* Operate the Coordinate Measuring Machine to perform product verification.
* Applies and understands Ducommun 6S programs.
* Must possess problem solving ability and skills.
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
* Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
* Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
* Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and airborne particles.
* Noise level is usually loud.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing areas.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Fully enclosed shoes of solid, leather construction with a steel or composite toe cap (ANSI Z41 compliant) must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
In order to be able to perform the job successfully the Cell Inspector shall be required to have training on some or all of the following items based upon the duties performed in their respective Cells and cross training requirements:
* Problem Solving
* SPC Data Collection and Interpretation
* Understand GD & T requirements
* Paint Inspection
* Inspection Tool Usage
* Inspection Tool Calibration
* Basic CMM operation
* Blueprint/Mylar reading
* Visual Welding Inspection
* Team oriented with an understanding of CI initiatives.
* Familiar with inspection requirements.
* Ability to use a variety of precision measuring tools.
* Ability to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures.
* Annual baseline hearing test is required.
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Six months' inspection experience in metals manufacturing environment preferred.
* In order to be able to perform the job successfully all new inspectors must be briefed on the following items: Internal Procedures and Forms; Specialized training for controlled processes utilized at DASNY, Quality Planning Review, how to locate and use Customer Specifications.