- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
QA Process Control Technician (2pm-10pm)
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
The Process Control Technician is directly involved with the safety and quality of the product, from receipt of incoming ingredients to distribution of finished goods; ensuring manufacturing and warehousing operations comply with regulatory requirements and quality specifications. The PC Technician position requires a high level of technical and communication skills. Responsibilities involve gathering data from a wide variety of sources to determine if actions are necessary, analysis, evaluation, and subsequent documentation of the findings. This position also provides support and direction for facility compliance with Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures.
* Must have a High School degree or equivalent (GED).
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
* Must be computer literate and/or willing to learn computer software and analytical instruments.
* Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. on an occasional basis.
* Experience working in a QA & manufacturing environment is preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Checks Performed on packaging/processing lines:
* Metal Detector (CCP) checks and verification of CCP check, Quality Grading as required, magnet checks, weights from filler tubes and data entry in CDC Factory environment, Sample evaluation (odor, color, taste, and seam checks, Seal/Code Verification, Package integrity and code accuracy, Mix percentages at line and in bag, Analytical Testing as required (viscosity, moisture, texture, etc.) per specifications.
* Calibration of equipment prior to use and more often if required,
* Collection, sorting, storing, & documentation of all micro, retention, and cutting samples,
* Completion of incubation holds for proteins and WIP items,
* Performance of pre-Op Line Inspections and ATP verifications,
* Hold documentation, BPCS transactions, including same day rechecks,
* Documentation of Foreign Material Findings and completion of Line Restart Form,
* Documentation of cases lost to QS Sampling
* Collection of samples from inbound loads and grading of them to verify quality,
* Review of ingredient statements on all inbound ingredients and commodities,
* Monthly Self Inspections for GMP s and Food Safety as and when assigned,
* Completion of monthly Glass Inspections and updating of Registry,
* Assist in training and sharing knowledge with new and less experienced Techs,
* Releasing of purchased products (pasta and rice), if needed for production
* Must comply with Safety Regulations
* Must wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
* Any other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Computer skills, excel, Microsoft, MES Program
* Detail Oriented
* Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
* Ability to identify & correct problems
* Good organization skills
* Must be a self-motivated team player.
* Must be able to reach over one s head, stand for long periods of time, and able to work at temperatures around 40 F.
* Ability to work in a Faced Paced Environment
* Critical thinking
All positions will be awarded without regard to race, religion, color, gender, or national origin.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.