QA Product Quality Management Specialist 8/10/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The QA Product Quality Management Specialist is responsible for handling internal and external complaints and corrective actions due to product quality performance or defects, and supplier process errors. Responsible for product complaint investigation, handling, and closure as well as direct communication with suppliers and customers.
* Assess submitted complaints for actionable data, including descriptions, pictures, samples and purchase history.
* Decide when investigation and corrective action are necessary; issues supplier non-conformance alerts when warranted.
* Communicates, documents and researches incidents and injuries involving VWR associates, suppliers, and customers; follows up and tracks the status of all complaints from initiation through completion.
* Provide weekly metrics for Quality and Compliance management review.
* Follows guidelines to assess risk and prioritize work based on factors such as: injury, product performance, health or safety hazards, production critical shut down, regulated customer written Supplier Corrective Actions requests (SCARS).
* Authorize quality checks, quarantine or sell-hold based on risk or containment factors.
* Engage Quality Management and or Legal regarding elevated risk factors such as injury or claims of monetary loss, product mislabeling, misbranding or health and safety.
* Lead weekly complaint handling summaries and resolution with both suppliers and customers via weekly conference calls for response updates.
* Facilitate calls with Suppliers Customers VWR Category Management, Directors of Supplier Operations and the VWR Sales Organization for effective complaint resolution including complaint history, trends, and previous actions.
* Review past complaints and or similar product family complaints to assess trends; monitors supplier performance with regard to defects including packaging, labeling, and product quality.
* Supports supplier qualification and site audits in conjunction with Regulatory and QA department needs.
* Complete auditor training and perform Internal audits for VWR Operations in conjunction with ISO standards as directed.
* May participate in quarterly supplier or customer business reviews as a representative of QA in conjunction with Sales or Category Management.
Experience & Skills:
* Good computer and Microsoft Office skills
* Knowledge and skills in SAP preferred
* Customer service skills; the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and suppliers
* Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to prioritize work
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in a field of Science or equivalent/applicable experience
* At least 1 to 3 years of applicable business or lab experience
* Experience in a lab or science background preferred
* Experience with regulated customers and suppliers preferred
* Experience in support of customer and supplier complaint management
* Audit experience preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
* Quarterly travel may be required to perform internal audits at VWR Distribution locations or assist with supplier site audits.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .