QA Silk Tester
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
The candidate will play a key role in the quality assurance process of our new product capabilities as well as the continued refinement in the testing of our existing applications. This role will be responsible for defining and maintain an automated acceptance testing cycle that is common in an Agile process.
The candidate will be leading the testing efforts of application built around the emergent design principle that is part of eXtreme Programming. The ideal candidate will have utilized SILK Test or other automation tools to verify working software incrementally.
We are responsible for the administration and servicing of external hedge funds and other unique financial entities. Given the demanding nature of our work we maintain a policy of sustainable pace to ensure our high standards of quality and the longevity of the people in whom we invest.
1. Work with senior business customers and development resources to insure quality requirements are presented in a testable manor.
2. Provide guidance and mentorship around the implementation of automated acceptance testing cycle that will enable an emergent architecture.
3. Insure that we implement sustainable regression process that allows frequent short releases.
4. Provide technical and Agile process leadership as it relates to Quality Assurance best practices.
5. Lead the implementation of automated testing solutions for new software projects developed under a standard Agile process such as eXtreme Programming.
1. 5 to 7 years of software quality assurance experience.
2. 3 or more years of demonstrable experience with software test automation on new projects.
3. Demonstrated experience executing an iterative Agile automated acceptance cycle. Preference given to candidates who used SILK Test thru the entire life cycle.
4. Past success transitioning new project test automation into sustainable automated regression test process once the application is released.
5. Knowledge of reusable coding patterns and object oriented paradigms as applied to automated testing tools.
6. Expert knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
7. Intermediate to advanced UNIX knowledge including shell scripting.
9. Strong understanding of source code control, specifically cvs or subversion
10. Ability to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose issues within the quality assurance environment and communicate the issue to a varied audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
11. Experience testing both client-server, and web based applications.