QA Supervisor 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have an exciting leadership opportunity with a growing and profitable food manufacturer! This job is with a company who has very strong and steady growth and you will have promotional opportunities here. The company growth is driven by demand for our existing products and we are developing new products each year. We are now hiring a QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR to lead our 2nd shift team. If you are interested in an opportunity to build a career, this may be the place for you.
Provide Quality Assurance Supervision to ensure that all products meet established standards.
* Bachelors degree is a minimum requirement. (Prefer Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or other science degree)
* 2 or more years of Supervisory experience is required.
* Experience in the food processing industry is required.
* Must live in the Rockford, IL area (or be willing to relocate to this area with assistance)
* Background in food quality and food safety, HACCP, SQF, allergens, pest control, FDA regs, GMP's, SOP's, etc.
* Supervises and trains all QA Technicians for assigned duties.
* Maintains attendance records, approves payroll, and administers discipline for QA Technicians.
* Conducts plant inspections and issues s.
* Communicates food safety and quality issues to Management.
* Maintains lab and QC equipment and facilities needed for product inspection.
* Facilitates resolution of Quality issues between production and QC.
* Involvement in third party and customer audits as required.
* Maintains hold and release program.
* Maintains environmental testing program.
INSTRUCTIONS/HOW TO APPLY/WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you believe you are qualified and wish to apply, please click on the Apply button. You will be instructed to complete an online job interest submission. We will contact you shortly via email/phone if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Thank you for applying!!