QA Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Technician for our QA Deprtament.
* Inspect the set-up of all packing lines and grinders at the beginning of the day, verifying the readings and recording the results
* Verify, inspect and record all grinder/dump executions and packing line changes during the course of a day
* Perform quality checks (roast color, % moisture, grind analysis, dust content, weights, etc.) of product soon after a grinder/packing line has undergone an item change
* Document results of quality checks
* Identify and segregate nonconforming goods for proper disposition and notify QA Supervisor or Lead QA Technician
* Visually inspect returned goods delivered by warehouse and, if necessary, perform analysis on goods and record results
* Determine disposition of returned goods
* Receive and analyze certain customer complaints
* Retrieve production samples (after deemed acceptable) of each blend and forward to Cupping Lab for sensory analysis
* Log blend change samples and quality issues for ISO purposes
* Ensure physical blend "target" samples are properly maintained and updated
* Perform general daily housekeeping in work area to maintain a quality/safe working environment
* Collect, organize and set up product samples for sensory cupping
* 2 or 4 year science or food technology degree or equivalent work related experience
* Computer skills to include Word and Excel
* Sound oral and written communication skills
* Sound math skills
* Ability to professionally interact with packaging line employees and supervisors
* Proven track record of responsibility and reliability
* Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
* Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.