This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/27/2016
Bob Evans Farms
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for Quality Assurance of the production process across all production lines.
· Test and perform sensory analysis for applicable raw materials and ingredients prior
to use to ensure no spoilage.
· Test and perform sensory analysis for in-process product to ensure customer
specifications are met.
· Inspect finished product for adherence to specification.
· Document test results and findings during production.
· Provide direction to Production Team Members when adjustments are needed based
upon inspection findings.
· Monitor and ensure that proper GMP practices and sanitation during production is
· Document abnormal findings and downtime utilizing proper forms such as foreign
material findings, breakages, etc.
· Maintain, sanitize, and calibrate testing equipment as warranted.
· Collect and store retention and sensory samples.
· Attention to details and ability to make decisions of the quality of the product.
· Work independently
· Complete job tasks in a timely manner to maintain the level of production required
· Other duties as assigned.
· Use of testing equipment
· Use of computer to record activity
· Able to communicate to other Team Members the requirements
· Ability to plan work load accordingly to production schedule and requirements
· Ability to recognize tasks that need to be completed and complete them.
· Successfully complete training program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
BEF foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.