This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAffymetrix, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
General Summary: This position is responsible for the day-to-day production and quality control activities for Affymetrix QuantiGene ViewRNA products. This is a full time position working normal business hours. Additional responsibilities include the routine maintenance of equipment, in-process testing and final testing of finished goods. Follows good laboratory practices and standard operating procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* This position is responsible for the day to day manufacturing and quality control activities associated with the QuantiGene ViewRNA product lines. Job responsibilities include:
* In-process testing to assure products meet specification and the implementation of production procedures to optimize manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements.
* Requires using sensitive analytical equipment and submicoliter dispensing devices. Strong background in a fast paced manufacturing setting. Uses the computer to track material, work order status and to process and analyze large amounts of Quality control data.
* Responsible for and maintains all documentation associated with performing job including quality records, test methods and logs.
* Responsible for maintaining a continuous improvement environment by suggesting ways to reduce cost for labor and material.
* Participates in developing Bills of material, routings and manufacturing architecture for new products.
* May assist with researching and implementing new methods and technologies to enhance manufacturing operations and assist in maintaining inventory accuracy and integrity.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: (needed to perform the job)
* Must have histology experience including performing FISH-, CISH- and IHC assay staining with consistent results, operating and capturing images using fluorescent and bright field microscope, and quantifying signals of images and preparing standard report.
* Knowledge of life science product development process and quality control such as ISO 9000 and cGMP manufacturing is highly desirable.
* Able to work independently and in a dynamic team environment. Have good interpersonal, communication and written skills.
* This position requires a BS degree in biological science plus 4-6 years of industrial experience.
Affymetrix is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity