QC INSPECTOR III 202.16
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
El Cajon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and 5 years related experience to include direct and progressive experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality operation required.
* Will require ability to setup and operate CMM.
* Ability to read and follow detailed work instructions required.
* Ability to work independently, using manufacturing sketches or engineering drawings desired.
* Ability to use simple measuring instruments such as tape measures, micrometers, scales, calipers and vernier gages required.
* Requires intermediate math skills involving decimals and fractions and its application to drawings, sketches and measuring instruments.
* Basic computer literacy is desired.Must be willing to work as a team player, as well as independently.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under minimal supervision performs varied tasks associated with visual and dimensional inspection, from first article through final inspection, required in the fabrication and development of metallic and/or non-metallic components and assemblies, bonded parts and other miscellaneous accessories.
Works from engineering drawings, general or written instructions, inspection check sheets, standard inspection directives and procedures. Performs in process, final inspection, and test operations to assure quality standards for metallic and/or non-metallic component quality of workmanship and functional performance. Checks components for locations, concentricity's, parallelism, height, angles and squareness using precision measuring equipment. Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations. Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)