QC Inspector I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 5/24/2017
Sig Sauer, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONQC INSPECTOR I
Category: Quality Control
Location: Exeter, NH
Entry level position with limited measuring skills. Responsible for learning how to effectively use all basic precision measuring hand tools, micro-heights, and comparators used at SIG performing basic inspections. Performs a variety of routine limited short sheet inspections in the production process using learned methods, including visual, dimensional, mechanical, test and functional. Includes production support; data collection; and workplace organization and safety.
* Efficient/effective performance of routine mechanical inspection to inspection records and mechanical drawings using pre-trained/determined methods for product acceptability.
* Review inspection data to assure integrity and investigate/resolve discrepancies found during part inspection.
* Using the company operating system to reach necessary inspection sheets, complete inspection forms/documents, perform movement of material, any other functions required to perform job duties.
* Communicate effectively to supervision regarding problems and corrective action.
* Write detailed, clear, and concise NMR Reports on failed product.
* Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity.
* Other duties as required.
Participate in 5S Workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities.
Education and/or Experience:
Basic MS Word and Excel skills.
Understanding of mechanical drawings and tolerances a plus.
Rudimentary knowledge of components, assemblies and product form, fit and function.
Able to lift up to 25 lbs
Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) required for specified activities
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. Apply