QC Manager / Food Industry 8/16/2016
TRC Professional Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TRC is looking for a Quality Control Managers for full time positions at two locations - one in Burlington, NC and one in Brown Summit, NC. Candidate must have bachelors degree in biology/microbiology and prior experience in the food industry.
This position's responsibility will include but not be limited to the following essential functions: sampling, QC process checks, USDA liaison, and compliance with QC specifications and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervise Quality Control laboratory operation. Ensure safe work practices are followed by all lab personnel.
* Ensure product samples are taken during work shift processing for laboratory testing.
* Ensure quality process checks are performed on food process procedures.
* Serve as USDA liaison for food production processes and facilities.
* Oversee the timely use of raw materials and the flow of production to ensure that there is no contamination of food products prior to, during, or immediately following production.
* Responsible for quality control of non-food supplies including all packaging materials.
* Ensure compliance with quality control specifications, quality control procedures, sanitary specifications and sanitary procedures in all areas of all facilities.
* Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
* Possess proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently.
* Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
* Computer proficiency to include intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word and Office skills as well as Internet research skills and experience using database system.
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work; ability to effectively handle multiple projects with track record of successful project completion; and ability to work positively under pressure.
* Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers/vendors.
* Communicate openly, honestly, and constructively.
* Treat all employees and customers/vendors with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
* Take responsibility for and make efforts to resolve any communication, trust, and/or respect concerns or issues.
* Be proactive in asking for information needed to perform job responsibilities.
* Accomplishes special projects and performs other duties as directed by the President.
Mandatory Job Qualifications:
* Previous Quality Control experience.
* Four yeardegree in biology or microbiology
* Food processing experience.
* USDA background preferred