QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Red Gold, Inc.
Title: QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Directing and supervising the Quality Assurance department in the implementation of policies, specifications, procedures or practice pertaining to the assurance of product quality. Due to the nature of our business, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
* Assist production/processing departments in maintaining/improving product quality and insure that the departments adhere to product specifications and manufacturing and quality related SOPs.
* Assist with the disposition of product or supplies that are out of specification
* Audit compliance to product quality related portions of manufacturing, warehousing, sanitation policies and procedures.
* Responsible for monitoring, record keeping, and taking appropriate action for specified Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and prerequisite program requirements
* Responsible to report food safety and quality issues to management
* Develop and supervise activities of the QA Department
* Training, development, and direction to lab technicians
* Safety procedures
* Product Analysis procedures
* Ensure that product analysis reports are accurately completed in a timely manner as well as the functionality of equipment used to complete the analysis.
* Participate in hiring, counseling/disciplining and reviewing employee performance as part of the management staff
Product Cuttings and Plant Visits
* Assist in the coordination of product cuttings/presentations to customers
* Actively participate in plant tours and audits
* Responsible for monitoring, record keeping, and taking appropriate action for specified Food Safety Plan and Prerequisite Program Requirements.
* This position is a backup for a QA Technician.
Education and Experience
* 4 year degree preferred in either the following or a related technical discipline: Food Science, Food Processing
* Certifications not required, however, certifications in the following areas are valuable: Food Sanitation, HAACP, Better Food Processing
* 2 years experience - Management/Leadership in Food Processing, Quality Assurance or Sanitation environment
* Computer knowledge required
* Trouble-shooting capabilities for lab equipment preferred
* Available to work a flexible work schedule
* Must be able to walk or stand on concrete floors, and climb ladders without difficulty or pain
* Must wear appropriate safety and GMP gear in designated areas of the plant
* Able to ambulate hands and fingers to operate necessary equipment with equipment and machinery for the position, telephone, computer, radio, etc.
* 5 - 8 lab technicians during Co-Pack season
* 12 - 16 lab technicians during Fresh Pack season
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* Problem Solver
* Confident - able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
* Good interpersonal skills
* On the job training regarding HACCP Training by HACCP Coordinator.