Quality Assurance Analyst 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cedent Consultant Inc. is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst in the New York area.
This is a QA Automation Engineer role for Zinc within Global Markets. This person will be part of the overall QA and Controls team which includes the delivery and execution of QA strategy for the application. Candidate should be capable of designing and building new or custom test frameworks leveraging automation tools and custom APIs. * Design and code smart sophisticated testing framework in Python for test automation in Enterprise Data warehouse and Analytics. Works closely with the QA, DevOps and BA teams to understand automation requirements for accuracy and efficiency in fast pace agile environment. Partners with cross business functional global QA & Controls programs and teams.* Define, document, implement and review test criteria for assigned components. Ability to analyze results and efficiently communicating these back to the respective team
Works with project teams to ensure overall software quality is monitored and maintained and/or validates system QA standards necessary to execute test plans and procedures for acceptance testing of new or modified applications/systems. Has some interaction with business area execs, vendors and operations execs in determining whether systems and system components, including hardware, networks, system software, tools, and applications are appropriate and/or ready for implementation. Fosters stable support framework for development teams and business units in the area of quality control and the development of new or revised applications. May provide guidance in the creation of standard test environments, tests plans, and test scripts. Analyzes, designs, documents new or modified QA procedures and standards and assists in the development and implementation of QA metrics for assessing the quality of delivered applications and information systems. Provide resolution to an assortment of problems complex in scope, related to Quality Assurance projects. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Capital Markets.
* 3-5 years of hands on core programming/development experience with solid knowledge in OOPS C#/Java/.Net (preferably Python) applications covering UI, frameworks, services and databases
* Strong Experience with SQL (DWH experience is a plus)
* Awareness of QA concepts like software testing life cycle
* Performed data reconciliation/validation using automation for data loading, data ingestion is a plus
* Passionate, proactive, analytical thinking, independent but very collaborative approach with excellent communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems
* Experience working within a global agile-based development and QA team
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for this opportunity at the earliest. Our recruiting staff will review the profiles and candidates suited for this opportunity will be contacted immediately. All applications will be kept confidential.