Quality Assurance Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Harris Computer Systems
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Caliber Public Safety is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to develop, perform and manage quality assurance testing, reporting and defect resolution on company developed software products.
The Quality Assurance Analyst fulfills an important role at Caliber Public Safety, working in the Research & Development Department to ensure that new software development and issue resolutions are ready for release to our customers. The ideal candidate will be able to create, execute, and analyze automated and manual software tests, and help implement tools and procedures to continue to build and improve our QA processes.
The qualified candidate will be based out of the Winston-Salem, NC or Denver office.
Reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance, the QA Specialist\'s key responsibilities will include:
* Create and execute in-depth test scripts to identify and resolve software defects working in conjunction with internal and external resources as appropriate.
* Research, identify and support implementation of improved testing methods, test automation and performance tools to support test activities, including continuous evaluation of current practices and software to determine feasibility for the Company.
* Manage QA projects as assigned; organize and direct resources for all aspects of development projects.
* Provide leadership and mentoring within the team to ensure that departmental goals and objectives are achieved.
* Report the progress of and manage the resolution of defects found through phases of the software development life cycle, working with internal resources.
* Share knowledge and provide training to team as related to software problems and fixes.
* Track defect trends; provide analysis and support in identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies.
* Document and measure test scenarios and processes.
* Establish and manage test activity schedules, coordinate usage and availability of test environments/facilities.
* Minimum Associate s degree in Computer Science required.
* 3 years of related software testing experience required.
* Strong knowledge of PC and LAN environment and MS SQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle SQL required.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs and the proven ability to effectively use software applications for data entry, data analysis, word processing, presentations, and calculations is required.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
* Windows 2003 &2008 Server / XP / Windows 7 Operating Systems knowledge required.
* Agile experience preferred.
* Client/Server, Web, and Mobile application knowledge preferred.
* Proficient knowledge of ApTest Manager, HP Quality Center, Serena Business Mashups, JIRA, VM Ware, Linux, and JAVA knowledge along with programming skills preferred.
* QAI-CAST or CASQ and/or ISTQB-CTFL certification preferred.
Desired Job Specific Competencies & Skills:
* Knowledgeable of concept practices and procedures commonly used in software quality assurance.
* Effective testing skills; proficient in test planning and execution and using test methodologies to identify software defects, applying software quality assurance (SQA) practices and principles.
* Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills with ability to develop logical, documented recommendations and work with appropriate areas on resolution of issues.
* Aptitude for facilitating the removal of defects with software development teams.
* Detail oriented with excellent documentation and project management skills.
* Remains up to date in QA software methodologies, best practices and software development process.
Caliber Public Safety is the leader in public safety cloud technology innovation. Caliber s solutions are used by city, county, state, federal and international agencies as well as corporations, universities, and hospitals. We span small to large agencies, providing a variety of entry points into modern computing options for large federal projects, state police installations, multi-agency consolidations, departments of corrections, multi-state data sharing initiatives, and small-town emergency service projects.
Our core experience is in Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Mobile Data, Offender Management, and the related technologies that support those functions. Our solutions are built upon a modern Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) that integrates seamlessly with other systems and networks. Supporting all of our solutions are a robust mapping engine, a vast data sharing network, and a collection of applications that promote cooperative connections with citizens.
Caliber is a division of Harris Computer, a member of the Constellation Software Inc group of companies. Harris is a leading provider of financial management and Customer Information Systems (CIS) software solutions. Learn more about Caliber at www.caliberpublicsafety.com.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.