Quality Assurance Assistant Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Cortissoz Consulting LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONLeading diversified manufacturer of high-quality food products, since 1975, (servicing the Food Service industry) is searching for a new _QA ASSISTANT MANAGER _to join its dynamic Jersey-based team.
The QA Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance Manager in reviewing and generating documentation in support of sales and manufacturing as well as inspecting raw materials, ingredients and products manufactured or processed by the company to ensure compliance with contract specifications by performing the following duties. This operation is to be performed keeping safety as a primary objective and following established GMP, Safety, Regulatory and company procedures and policies.
_WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:_
* Assisting the QA Manager with daily paperwork and generating routine reports.
* Approving incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
* Approving in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
* Approving finished products by confirming specifications and conducting visual and measurement tests; preparing certificates of analysis and certificates of compliance as needed.
* Documenting inspection results by completing reports and logs; inputting data into quality database. Notifying Operators and Supervisors of quality deviations from company standards.
* Inspecting process control points, critical control points, and essential quality attributes.
* Keeping measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calibrating equipment, and calling for repairs.
* Coordinating shipment of test samples to outside laboratories.
* Maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Accomplishing quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
_WHAT YOU BRING:_
* Associate's Degree (or higher) in a laboratory science (e.g. in chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry, biology, food technology) (REQUIRED) .
* Minimum 4years experience as a QA Technician in a food or similar consumer products manufacturing environment or equivalent experience in an industrial lab required;
* Auditing experience (PREFERRED) .
* Demonstrated technical knowledge in Quality Processes and systems including but not limited to: SPC, HACCP, SSOP, GMP's, and BRC. HACCP certification (PREFERRED) .
* Spanish fluency (PREFERRED).
_INTERESTED CONNECT WITH ME SOON!_