Quality Assurance & Continuous Improvement Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
CLARCOR Air Filtration Products, a CLARCOR Company, is one of the world s foremost manufacturers of air filtration products for the commercial, industrial and institutional markets.
We are currently looking for a Manager of Continuous Improvement (CI) for our Corona, CA facility.
This person is responsible for the implementation of Lean manufacturing concepts & principles across the facility. This implementation must lead to continual improvements in safety, quality, productivity and delivery measures.
The CI Manager leads, guides, energizes and executes the activities to take the site to new and higher levels of proficiency of one piece flow concepts. The CI Manager plans, organizes, conducts, and follow up Kaizen events which lead to the establishment of Lean Systems throughout the plant. The CI Manager creates a sense of urgency about the CI process and its outcome.
* Act entrepreneurially on matters related to CI; lead, guide, and energize the business.
* Plan, lead & execute actions aligned to AFP strategic objectives
* Take the CI process to new heights (e.g. lead-time reductions , single piece flow)
* Improve safety, quality, productivity, and delivery in all departments
* Collaborate with leadership to ensure employees are engaged during the Lean journey, providing leadership to plant lean steering committee.
* Develop & carry out Lean training for all employees
* Align CI activity to business strategies.
* Deploy the lean strategy, monitor results and report progress.
* Work with HR to measure the effectiveness of cultural change
MINIMUM PRIOR KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s Degree Prefer Engineering or Management
* Ability to collaborate and lead people at all levels of the organization including salaried, hourly staff, and external resources.
* 2-5 years experience in the application of lean tools and principles
* Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
* Able to drive and lead change
* Ability to teach, coach and mentor lean tools
* Experience with leading teams
* Excellent analytical skills
* Financial acumen desired
* Able to multi-task
* Attention to detail
* Requires outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with all employees and managers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient in MS Office
* Functional knowledge of business processes, manufacturing and transactional
* Excellent problem solving skills
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.