Quality Assurance Engineer 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
For over 20 years, the people of our client have been staying ahead of the curve in the fast-moving world of fuel and convenience retail. They were the first to use the power of data for better decisions. Then, as today, their proprietary analytics made data a smart, actionable tool. In an era when others focused on cutting costs, they changed the paradigm to building revenue, market share and profits.
Our client strategy and technology solutions empower fuel and convenience retailers around the globe to achieve greater VOI and success on their own terms. Their clients gain fuller visibility, truer insight and more effective control over what matters most. Beyond data, our client delivers actionable intelligence. Beyond expertise, our client delivers sound judgment.
Fuel and convenience retailing is more complex than ever. To simplify the path to success, our client advises focus on seven elements critical to superior fuel and convenience retail performance. The elements are location, facility, merchandising, price, operations, brand and market. Strategized and optimized, they drive greater value on investment, enabling strategic focus and tactical control. Best-of-practice fuel and convenience retailers know this. Our client helps fuel and convenience retailers stay ahead by staying in touch with emerging value opportunities. Their years of domain expertise tell them where to look, and their leadership in data analysis and software solutions help them to put potential profit into practice.
Over 300 clients, in 68 countries on six continents, in mature and emerging markets, for clients large and small, our client is there with flexible, dynamic solutions that fit.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a key role in this rapidly growing and evolving technology team. You will build, guide and refine the testing and automation effort to ensure that our client delivers the highest quality products and services to its customers. You will have ownership of product quality and make sure our client is getting the appropriate amount of testing and automation coverage for each feature. You will use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design and promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
* Defining strategy for testing and quality optimization
* Creating and maintaining test plans and test cases for existing products
* Creating and championing new internal processes to improve testing coverage
* Communicating test and product status to team members
* Working real-time with product managers and engineering teams on test design and implementation
* Working with those teams to evaluate testability of new features/implementations
* Helping the team to deploy quickly, reliably, and with confidence that their code changes aren't breaking existing functionality
* Finding edge cases earlier in the development process when remediation costs are the least expensive
* Identifying, recording, documenting thoroughly and tracking bugs
* Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
* 3-5 years of software or test management experience and experience in SDLC and QA methodologies.
* Experience in QA Methodologies
* Experience in designing and building test tools and systems
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills are required
* Experience in testing complex web applications
* Experience with bug-tracking system and test management system
* Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
* Experience working with interdisciplinary teams in lean, fast-paced environments
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues and relate to customers' needs
* A passion for testing, QA, web technologies and breaking product early in the SDLC
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science strongly preferred or equivalent
We offer an excellent employment package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance benefits; 401K w/generous match; tuition reimbursement; and more. Very competitive compensation.