Quality Assurance Engineer 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY pollo is recruiting on behalf of an aerospace client for a CONTRACT - TO - HIRE position of a Quality Assurance Engineer.
**This position requires the ability to lift, pull, carry, bend, climb stairs, reach, sit or stand for long periods of time, stand loud noises, air particles, & hot or cold elements. **
* To assist planning with product release: the best place to integrate quality is at the beginning of the process.
* Quality Standards Implementation.
* Develop, implement and monitor programs and procedures pertaining to quality issues and requirements.
* Participate in the development and maintenance of quality manuals and systems for operation.
* Help manage production quality systems and practices.
* Participate in corrective action projects to address quality issues.
* Interface with customer in resolution of product quality problems and prepare determinations on non-conforming products i.e., scrap, rework, etc.
* Notify suppliers of non-conformance issues and determine follow-up actions.
* Maintain activities for tool and gage calibration program, including necessary documentation.
* Complete random system audits, report findings, and coordinate corrective actions.
* Complete root cause-effect analysis, identify process improvement opportunities.
* Coordinate activities to complete projects on schedule and achieve defined objectives using Lean/Continuous Improvement techniques (ie: planning workloads and work priority).
* Motivate machine operators with regards to quality and improvement of the shop work environment.
* Complete special & adhoc projects as assigned.
* 4yearengineering degree
* 5+ machine shop experience
* Ability to read English.
* Multi-task and take on new projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Work with a variety of electronics - This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, computer skills and excellent typing skills. With frequent use of Microsoft office products including excel, word, powerpoint, and outlook.
* Provide reports and spreadsheets on an as needed basis.
* Understand GD&T and how it is applied to parts and drawings.
* Use inspection equipment and tooling - calipers and micrometers.
* Complete AS9102 First Article Inspection Reports.
* Learn new software and systems.
* Read and interpret aircraft process specs, engineering drawings and mylars.
Previous aerospace experience.
Previous engineering work in manufacturing, industrial, civil and/or systems.
ASQ certified quality engineer.
ISO9001:2000 and/or AS9100 Quality Systems experience.
U.S. Citizen Detail-oriented OrganizedProblem SolverCommunicator at all levelsFun Flexible ProfessionalEnthusiasticWell-ManneredSense of Humor Loves life Self-Starter Hands on Attitude