Quality Assurance Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Quality Assurance Engineer III
Salary: $85,- $95,
A global defense company in San Diego is Quality Assurance Engineer III that will develop, evaluate, revise and apply technical quality assurance protocol and methods. This individual will inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment, and finished goods and ensure compliance with quality standards and applicable government regulations.
* Performs analysis and identifies trends for in-process in material and bulk raw materials and recommends corrective actions
* Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling, and statistical process control procedures are followed
* Formulates policy in the process of analyzing, planning product quality and operations planning
* Design and implement methods and procedures for testing and inspecting the quality level of products and production equipment
* Review manufacturing documentation ensuring the necessary criteria and provisions are incorporated to permit effective inspection and testing of materials
* Analyze reports and returned product; initiate corrective action for procedural, product or process deficiencies
* Conduct reliability analysis on the life cycle of product and conduct failure analysis, to understand the overall quality of the manufactured item
* Oversee the statistical analysis on products to determine the patterns seen and unseen providing insight to the lifecycle of the product
* Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices
* Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements
* Participate and supports Programs Team addressing quality issues to the program and point of contact for customers
* Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem-solving
* Bachelor of Science degree
* 5+ years of Quality Engineering
* Experience with Lean/Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement methodologies, including 8D and 5Y methodology
* Three years of experience with RC/CA
* Experience performing defect trends/analysis for continuous improvement
IPC-A-610 certified and/or ASQ/CQE certified (preferred)
* Experience working with DCMA
If you believe your background aligns well with this description, please submit a Word document for confidential consideration. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.