Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
We are seeking a junior quality assurance engineer to devise and execute a set of test cases for Nuance Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems and other multi-channel customer care applications. The candidate would employ both automated and manual testing techniques. Products developed and tested will be used by end customers of Nuance s enterprise clients (i.e., major banks, airlines, health care providers, etc.). Considerable exposure to leading edge voice technologies, including Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Voice Biometrics (VB). Fully engaged in the software development and testing life cycle (SDLC).
* Operates as part of a larger team comprised of project managers, developers, speech scientists, and user interface designers to ensure the quality of large/complex enterprise level IVR systems (and other multi-channel customer care applications)
* Builds a test plan and generates detailed test cases (in a modularized way) mapped to specific requirements, data and design functions,
* Constructs a data request (to be satisfied by our clients) to enable testing (Nuance IVR systems often interface with major enterprise level databases owned by our clients banks, airlines, health care providers, etc.),
* Engages broader team to fully understand systems under test,
* Tests applications employing automated techniques, in addition to manual testing to ensure a positive user experience,
* Tests Web Services implementation as a standalone layer,
* Utilizes software defect tracking systems to record and monitor defects,
* Utilizes test case execution tracking systems,
* Produces regular metric and status reports for management consumption,
* Works with development team to debug issues,
* Expected to grow professionally and offer recommendations on QA best practices
* Strong analytical skills, and detail oriented,
* A strong desire to be a software quality engineer, and to innovate in the automation space,
* Strong written and verbal communication skills,
* Strong organizational skills,
* Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel,
* Some programming skills as demonstrated by college level coursework or work experience,
* Linux (basic UNIX commands)
* Spanish language skills a plus,
* Some experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python),
* Some exposure to one or more of the following: Visual Basic, JUnit, Java, SQL, XML, Web Services, SOAP/UI,
* Systems Engineering oriented
Education: Bachelor s degree in Computer Science/Math/Science or equivalent experience. Other degrees would also be considered.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.