Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Pleasant Prairie, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for developing, planning and directing quality activities in support of the company's quality assurance operations and goals. This includes ensuring that company standards are achieved at our two meat processing facilities and there is a maintained focus on continuous improvement, providing support, structure, and formalized training for all employees within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Direct the planning and implementation of quality programs and procedures in order to ensure that processes and products comply with government regulations such as the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices 9GMP), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP); meet customer requirements and company expectations, and achieve business goals.
* Evaluate the frequency and points of sampling, determine appropriate testing methodology; ensure the methodology is current with evolving technology; and implement best practices in laboratory procedures.
* Ensure the timely and proper release of products based on quality control sampling and verified with accurate testing.
* Develop, implement, and oversee vendor qualification programs, supplier audits, and monitoring programs.
* Conduct internal and external audits, by coordinating customer and third party audits, and conduct audits of external facilities to ensure compliance with company, customer and regulatory expectations.
* Develop and implement key performance indicators that monitor adherence to company quality standards and progress in continuous improvement programs.
* Investigate and respond to customer complaints in regard to product quality.
* Develop and maintain Quality Assurance operating budget.
* Provide leadership, consultation and advice to all departments on issues related to product quality and safety at a plant level.
* Be able to handle direct communication with customer contacts as a quality and food safety subject matter expert.
* Direct the evaluation, development and training of department personnel to maintain a safe, competent and motivated workforce.
* Maintain quality records, including product identification records for stock recovery purposes; ensure the grouping and preparation of quality records; maintain USDA Label Approvals; and ensure documentation of the quality process during production, inspection, and testing procedures.
* Handles all communication and coordination of activities with all regulatory agencies including responding and tracking of USDA Noncompliance Records.
* Responsible for shipment of product samples.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality assurance in the food processing industry with experience in managing direct reports.
* Significant experience and knowledge of HACCP, GMP, USDA and food ingredient quality control systems.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing concepts.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
* Excellent communication skills: the ability to relate to all internal levels as well as interface with suppliers and government on a technical level.
* Strong customer service orientation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.