Quality Assurance Inspector
NBTY Inc - BOHEMIA, NYThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- NBTY Inc NBTY Inc
- BOHEMIA, NY
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor/Lead Person, the Quality Assurance Floor Inspector monitors areas for adherence and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). Also, responsible for adhering to the SOPs and cGMPs that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Conducts pre start-up inspection, documentation check and release to run product in manufacturing and/or packaging
- Conducts in-process sampling and physical testing of product with required paperwork
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc within a manufacturing environmentAbout Us:
NBTY is a leading global vertically integrated manufacturer, marketer and distributor of a broad line of high-quality, value-priced nutritional supplements in the United States and throughout the world. Under a number of NBTY and third party brands, the Company offers over 22,000 products, including products marketed by the Company's Nature's Bounty, Vitamin World, Puritan's Pride, Holland & Barrett, Rexall, Sundown, MET-Rx, Worldwide Sport Nutrition, American Health, GNC (UK), DeTuinen, LeNaturiste™, SISU, Solgar, Good 'n' Natural, Home Health™, Julian Graves, Ester-C and Natural Wealth brands.
NBTY offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes tuition reimbursement, health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, daycare subsidy and 401(k).
NBTY is an equal opportunity employer.
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.
- Apply for this job online
- Share this job on your Social Network!|More