Quality Assurance 8/12/2016
Headway Tek Inc
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB: QUALITY ASSURANCE
LOCATION CA-LOS ANGELES
DURATION: FULL TIME
One of our client is seeking an experienced Performance Test Engineer to be responsible for performance test activity for new Systems, projects and initiatives.
* Reviewing project specifications and working with other organizations (both within and outside of Engineering) to understand the performance requirements of the project, including the systemarchitecture, design, internal and external interfaces, use cases, etc.
* Generating performance test plans to validate the performance requirements as per the system/performance specifications.
* Generating load patterns and models based on past and projected load numbers
* Developing scripts and executing the performance tests to properly and rigorously estimate the performance metrics of the system.
* Identifying, analyzing, and documenting any defects discovered during testing.
* Working with the development teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues and provide fine tuning recommendations
* Generating test reports to document all test results.
A successful candidate must be able to work under limited technical supervision. Duties may also include defining and/or developing test tools and simulators as necessary.
* Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in test automation, performance testing, and/or developing test frameworks or other similar work
* Prefer 2+ years experience with load/stress/capacity testing of high traffic and large-scale systems
* Deep experience in automating web and back-end service tests using a variety of tool sets
* Demonstrated coding experience (1 - 3 years), particularly in the area of building/extending hands-free automated tests (Javapreferred, but experience in scripting or coding in some language is a must)
* Prefer strong experience with open-source tools (Jmeter, etc.)
* Strong experience in Oracle Fusion Middleware (Weblogic, Cloud Control, OEM, etc.)
* Experience writing select and update queries with any DB
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities
* Experience with Agile software developmenttesting methodologies.
* Experience solving problems (e.g., text manipulation, sorting, test data management, log analysis) with scripting languages (e.g., java script, Perl, Groovy, UNIX shell)
* Experience using source control (e.g., CVS, Subversion, etc.)
* Experience testing applications developed using Open Source Technologies in a large scale transaction environment (Linux, Apache, Perl, MySQL)
* Experience using test case management and bug tracking tools (e.g., Jira , HP QC, Remedy, Bugzilla)
* Experience scripting with multiple performance testing platforms and load generators (HP Performance Center, SoapUI, ITKO Lisa, JMeter)